How Long Do Centrelink Payments Take To Clear?

What time does money go into bank?

Depending on your bank, the funds are available sometime after midnight on the day they are due, usually in the early hours.

Some banks deposit money into your account around 11.30pm so you can withdraw it before midnight on benefit payday.

Others will release your funds at midnight or just a few minutes after that..

When do payments commence? … If they lodged an intent to claim and then lodged their completed claim within 14 days, their payments could be backdated to the date they first made contact with Centrelink, i.e. when they lodged their intent to claim.

within 21 daysYou can expect to hear from us within 21 days of submitting your claim. It’s best to submit your claim as soon as possible after your circumstances change. This way there may be less time between your last payment from your employer and your first payment from us.

Under the current system, a person is able to claim backdated payments from the date they contact Centrelink about becoming a NewStart recipient. They are then given a window of five months to submit the relevant paperwork and are able to recoup payments over that time once they are an approved recipient.

When you’ll get paid You can expect to hear from us within 21 days of submitting your claim. The time it takes us to assess your claim doesn’t affect your waiting period. If you don’t have a waiting period, you’ll get your first payment within 2 weeks once your claim is successful.

Centrelink will let you know if your claim has been approved. If it is, they’ll tell you when you need to report. This may come through your MyGov inbox or the Express Plus Centrelink app (if you’ve downloaded it) or by post.

Centrelink uses the RBA. They are only open Monday to Fridays and are closed on weekends and Public holidays. Pay day will be on the next working day. I can assure you the RBA operate 24 hours per day 365 days per year.

If you don’t have another position lined up and you would like to receive social support such as a NewStart Allowance from Centrelink, you can request that your employer complete an Employment Separation Certificate which you can include in your application.

What if my claim is rejected or I have a problem getting my payment?Phoning or visiting Centrelink and telling them you want the decision reviewed. If you do so, you should make a note of the date for your own records.Completing a form called ‘Review of Decision’ here and returning it to Centrelink.

Hi there I’ve been in the “completed” section for over a month. It basically means it’s being processed and you’ll be notified of your outcome at some point.

13 weeksDecisions about a claim or entitlement You should do this within 13 weeks from the date we tell you about the decision. You can still request a review after 13 weeks. However, if we can change the decision, you may only get your entitlement from the date you request the review.

I have heard that contacting your local MP will speed up the process. Launch an official complaint through your centrelink account. There is an option to say that you’re complaining because it’s taking too long to assess your claim. You should have a tracking number for your complaint when you’re finished.